HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:56:51 -0700
8bit
From:
Kelley Deetz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  INQ. call for kitchen papers SHA 10
From:     [log in to unmask]
Date:     Tue, March 24, 2009 9:55 am
To:       "HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY" <>
Cc:       [log in to unmask]

Hello everyone,

I am beginning to organize an SHA session on Plantation kitchens, and am
looking for presenters. My dissertation explores Virginia's enslaved
plantation cooks, and I focus a lot on extant kitchens.  I have found that
many kitchen sites are in grey literature or "in storage" and I would love
to bring them back to life with this session.

 I welcome anyone who has worked, or is working on a kitchen site to
consider participating in my session. Ideally, it will consist of papers
dealing with African Diaspora plantation kitchens, however, I welcome
submissions from other contexts as well. Please email me off the list if
you are interested.

Thank You,

Kelley Deetz

Kelley Deetz M.A.