From:
montveil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:08:24 -0400
Juanse Barros wrote: Where is your reference?---

Below is a site where you will find a US Sevin label
As some background, I worked for Union Carbide, the inventor of Sevin.
followed by Rhone Poulenc for a total of 34 years mainly in the central
and eastern US.
YOU WILL NOTE THAT THE LABEL IS A LITTLE VAGUE ON THINNING.
That is because every variety, growing block, vigor is different.
Thinning is more of an art than science. It is wise to go slowly and see
how each block/variety reacts and this stands true for any thinner.Sevin
is the least affected by temperature.
Even though the label suggests thinning at petal fall, in my experience,
more uniform results are usually later. You can more easily evaluate the
degree of thinning when small fruit is visible usually 2 but before 6 mm

montveil

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld08M008.pdf