From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:03:38 -0500
Chris asks:
> No CPV then.

We found CPV in samples sent to the U.K. but CPV was not reported to us in
CCD samples.

However from the start I gave all the researchers a big he haw about IAPV
because the one thing all bee paralysis virus problems have in common is
that the bees can not fly! From my observations not even walk from the hive!

I have seen bee paralysis problems and its not pretty. Bees which can not
hold on to frames. squirming like maggots on the bottom board or right out
front of the hive.

I realizing finding a new virus in bees is exciting but unless the bees
crash from said paralysis virus proves nothing. A big deal was made in the
Science article about IAPV and little about KBV (proven bee killer) and
nosema ceranae ( proven bee killer from my personal experience and research)
which was found in 100% of the CCD samples.

I still get people coming up saying they heard CCD was caused by a virus
brought in by imported bees .

From the start I thought Jerry B. & Jerry Hayes  were too of the most
logical and clear thinking of the CCD working group but I see now they have
been pushed to the rear and the lead position  given to the Georgia duo to
dole out the cash to ------------.( I would sure like to fill in the blank
but would not get posted)

bob

"Thinking Aaron has been giving Bob leeway so do not push the issue!"