Condense Mail Headers

From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:58:19 -0400
I was wondering ‘which person’ was going to post the ‘just the facts ma-
an’, or something similar as is typical here, because I knew it would be
coming.

I highly appreciate that the moderator approved the article.  Perhaps they
believed it had some entertainment value, as well as recognized that
beekeeping past, even if satire, bees played a role in shaping our
future.  Perhaps they approved just for fun, I don’t know but thanks for
helping me share the article.

The article was posted for its bee humor, as well as to show the events of
the time.  The author cleverly attacked politicians,  jurors for
acquittals of murderers, the riots occurring in Cincinnati, door to door
salesmen - all things that were current at the time.  And used the
knowledge at the time OR what was believed about the bee at the time to do
it.  Much like some here might do, as well as other places, bend facts
about the bee to advance their own agenda.

I started up the Historical Honeybee Article Archives for those reading
the bee articles to interpret as they wish.  And I do ocasionally post one
to Bee-L.  I did have serious concerns that some person may not appreciate
history, or poke fun at our ancestors beliefs about bees.  I hoped that
they would read the articles, not make fun, or critic for errors. That
would be far too easy to do, having the advantage of 120 years of
knowledge over the authors of these historic prints.  I am happy to say
that know one so far as attempted to critic any historic article, and many
have stated that they enjoy the articles for thier historic aspect.  YES,
the articles may be in error, they may be in satire, they may be fact,
they may be in humor, but they are all part of our history to be cherished
and enjoyed.

At the Historical Honeybee Article Archives, we are now over 230 articles
posted to the list OR archives.  I will say that this is the first time
someone has come back from the future to debunk a historic comedic article
written in the past over 100 years ago, or any historic article posted to
the HHAA site for that matter.

If you need more work,
I have a copy of a bee article Published in the Cueva de la Araña, Spain
around 6,000 B.C that needs critiqued, works by Pliny, Paley, Philiscus,
as well as the comic section from a 1924 New York times that is in serious
need of debunking. The authors may be dead, but that should not excuse
their work from being criticized right? ;)

Joe