Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:22:32 -0600
From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Hitoshi Asaoka asks regarding new and newly released older recordings of
Martha Argerich:

>Martha Argerich's new recording on Teldec (Mozart's piano concerto No.20,
>etc.,...unreleased recording on EMI (Chopin recital,...)have just released
>in Japan.
>
>Does anybody know when they will be released in the U.S.?

Two new EMI releases of Argerich, including the 1965 (never before
released) Chopin solo recital, and a new recording of the two Chopin piano
concertos are due to be released in the U.S.  on May 18th.  I could not
find any information regarding the Teldec recording, and it is not even
listed on their website yet.  We also can look forward to a new recording
of the Liszt concerti on EMI, and rumor has it the Poulenc Two piano
concerto, along with the upcoming Shostakovich/Tchaikovsky piano trios with
Kremer and Maisky on DG, and a live movement from Chopin's Cello sonata
from DG on a Maisky compilation.  A shakier rumor has that a live concert
recording of her performing the Franck and a Beethoven violin sonata with
Perlman is in the works.

Happy listening,

JPrevite