From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:25:06 -0400
Bill Truesdell:

>>... what was stated was that beekeeper introduced pesticides can be
found in
>> trapped pollen and so far, all that has been shown is that
agricultural
>> pesticides can be found in trapped pollen, and beekeeper and
agricultural
>> pesticides in pollen in the hive.

Dekonw:
> bill, you are incorrect.  maryann frazier stated this clearly in
> the video hosted on our site...there isn't any ambiguity wrt this.

What site?
Please point to the video with a link, as this sounds pretty far-fetched
for any but the most overdosed bees being treated to overdose levels
while the pollen was tapped and collected.

Let's walk through this:

1) Beekeeper has shop-towel in brood chamber soaked with the miticide
   cocktail du jour.

2) Bees pick up miticide on their bodies, go out to gather pollen, get
   in on/in the pollen.

3) Pollen is trapped upon return, massive overdose of miticide
   shows up in analysis.

This, I'd buy.  So, the simplest answer, assuming Mary Ann said what
Deknow says she said, is that the Penn State researchers failed to
inspect the hives from which they trapped pollen, and were unaware
of the ad-hoc treatment being administered.