Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 21:08:32 GMT
>>what more desirable ... other than tulip and locust?  ...tell us...

I am not sure of its influence over the other two but white clover opened up together with locust here this year.  The flow thus far is behind last year's [for me, due to cooler spring and slower build up (I don't feed to accelerate build-up)].

The bees are strong now and may catch up in the next 1.5 weeks of locust bloom.  The brood is solid and there is plenty of stored pollen.  Bee traffic is good when it's not raining and hardly a bee comes back with pollen.  They seem to be foraging in earnest for nectar.

Waldemar