HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Pentney, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:02:06 -0800
In British Columbia we had to core and date many Culturally Modified
Trees to determine if they were historic. This is the method we used:

Core the tree from the outer bark to the center of the tree.
Take another core from the deepest part of the scar to the center of the
tree.
Line up the cores from the center and count the difference in rings
between the two cores.

Sandra Pentney, MA, RPA
Ecology and Environment, Inc.
401 West A Street, Suite 775, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-696-0578 Ext: 4903|   Fax: 619-696-0578
[log in to unmask]   |   www.ene.com

Celebrating 40 Years of Green Solutions