HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:50:09 -0700
If it is bone then I am way off. However, the Inuit do have a seal harpoon where the point is stuck on the end of a shaft and comes off when it is stuck in the seal.  In that case the hole could be for a cord to hold the point and thereby the animal.  But I don't think you are in the arctic.

Richard Wright
(Canada)