HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Conrad Bladey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 15:59:58 -0400
Yes- both terms seem to me to convey some images but generally useless
for analysis.
Unless you are dealing with something that was formally described as a
"Dump" as in the City Dump of X  City I would start with

deposit then go to essential material attribute discription of objects-
then behavioral patterning- then secondary functions (functions as
deposite) then  artifact functions (original)-

Of course one man's trash is another mans landscaping, rock garden,
drainage pottery,  pathway.

And one must remember that existence of deposites is not as important as
their "flavor" within community subsets.

My  refuse for example is much greater in volume than that of my
neighbors hence the many attempts to bring the law down upon my head
which incedently have all failed miserably!
How many local colors do you find based upon deposits. Because simply
having deposites is universal.....

have fun....

Sort of like my bottle tree newly constructed out back. For me it is
visionary art and spectacular much fun and much agreement....for my next
door neighbor "its shit"
actually its just a structured deposit.....

Conrad