HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Conrad Bladey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 15:09:39 -0400
Most refuse is processing related- Kitchens process food for example.
Shell middens contain cooking areas, processing, genrall dumpped
material it is just that shells dominate.
Again I think it is simply Brittish for Dump possibly archaic term. I
also seem to think that middens were at point of harvesting rather than
dwelling....