HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:08:52 -0400
There is a cemetery in Brunwick County, VA that had adjacent
segregated areas so designated. The arrangement looked somewhat like
an elongated "8" wherein the waist was attenuated. The cemeteries were
on the periphery of a power line and there is a report at the VA SHPO
Archives (BR-11). The white cemetery had monuments and a wall while
the slave burials had no markers or fieldstones IIRC.

Lyle Browning, RPA