HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Phil Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 14:06:54 -0700
Hello all,
 I am working on cataloging a site near Sacramento, CA from the 1860s. There
are a few artifacts I have come across recently that I have had difficulty
researching. Hopefully someone in the histarch community may be able to
help.

 Cat # 2086 is an amber glass beer bottle with "CONR. STOLL HAMBURG"
embossed around the shoulder of the bottle. I have not been able to find any
information to date the bottle using the embossing. Pictures are available at:
http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/tt329/parenvironmental/

 Cat # 1979 a, b and c are cylindrical aqua and flint glass bottles, measuring 2
15/16" (diameter) x 4 3/16" (height) with a sheared/blow-over finish. The only
bottles I have been able to find with a similar shape and finish are ink bottles
but none of them match exactly what I am seeing. Has anyone come across
this bottle before? Pictures are available at:
http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/tt329/parenvironmental/

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,
Phil Glover