HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:35:06 -0400
I think you'll find that the Brits use historical archaeology to mean
the archaeology of any group with a written tradition, nominally
starting with the Romans in 44AD and afterward, with appropriate
mutterings about the Dark Ages that had little survival of the written
record. That would also seem to be the prevailing view in Northern
Europe as well, AFAIK.

Lyle Browning