HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anna Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:57:38 -0500
Jason,

Many of these are stored at museums in the Southeast. I did my thesis on a
WPA site, and the artifacts, field notes, maps, etc. were archived at the
McClung Museum at UT Knoxville. There should also be artifacts in Alabama
(Tuscaloosa, I believe) and Kentucky (can't remember which university/city),
at the very least.

The staff at McClung were extremely helpful, and I made a few trips over
there to copy notes and examine artifacts. You will find that sometimes only
the artifacts are left...no notes or maps or anything. But I was pleasantly
surprised at how much was available for my site.

Good luck! I think this is a worthy project and am excited that someone else
is interested in reporting these sites.

Sincerely,
Anna Lunn
Archaeologist