HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"paul.courtney2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:27:02 +0000
I am writing to say how pleased I am that SHA and Parks Canada have made
so many key publications available freely on the web. I have most of
them already and count them amongst my most precious library
possessions. However, I can now point people to the website without
threatening them with a painful and slow death if they get a coffee
stain on my PC volumes. This is to be especially valued as in the UK at
least many universities are dropping hard subscriptions meaning that
those outside academia have to travel to  London etc to use the still
free (for now anyway) British Library or pay up to  US$40 an article a-
a lot of money for archaeologists.

paul courtney
Leicester
UK