From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 22:04:16 -0400
My hives are 90% + feral stock.? This spring I've seen more swarming and feistiness than in previous years and the bees are a lot more prone to running on the frames.? I tend to attribute the change to the introduction of several purchased nucs that came out of central Florida 2 years ago.? I have not seen the aggressive behavior you describe in any of my hives, but am on the lookout for such behavior.? ?I've heard some beekeepers say they like the aggressive hives as they are survivors and good honey producers.?