From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 08:16:45 -0400
Dee Lusby wrote:
>1. treatments in general across te board that breach the co-dependency working relationships within a beehive of various mircro-organisms that have beent here for milions of years

Antibiotic use certainly *could have* a detrimental effect on
beneficial micro-organisms. However, no one has shown that it does.
There certainly is no evidence that formic acid does so. Furthermore,
the bees themselves carry beneficial bacteria in their guts, so the
colony is continually being re-inoculated with the micro-organisms.
This is what makes infections so difficult to treat.

As a matter of fact, formic seems to have no effect on deformed wing virus:

--
Short-Term Fumigation of Honey Bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) Colonies with
Formic and Acetic Acids for the Control of Varroa destructor (Acari: