Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:11:20 -0700
I, like a lot of us, get a lot of calls to remove bees from most any kind of location bees can get into. When I first started, I didn't charge anything to do it. I learned real quick just how much the general public does not know about bees or even what they look like. A lot of people think that if it flies it has to be a honeybee. It never fails that ' they just got there a day or two ago. I know because I just saw them'. After the first year of it, I started charging $50 for my time & expenses to go look & advise what could be done. If it turns out to be honeybees and if I do the job then that $50 comes off the total price. Most of my calls are 20+ miles one way. If it's on my way home from work and they can wait I stop by and there's no charge to look. Every situation is different. I charge nothing for swarms. I have had calls from catching bees feeding at a hummigbird feeder to wanting to sell me bees in a tree for $150. I''m sure we've all heard some good ones and they
 always think we're miracle workers and bee charmers and it cost us nothing. Welcome to dealing with the general public.
  Ed