From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 04:30:35 EDT
I was talking yesterday to a chap who claims to be the only person in
England who professionally collects bee venom.  He told me that he is  careful, not
only to be fully protected at the time but also to wear a  respirator to avoid
developing sentitivity through any sprayed venom  getting into the lungs.

Are people who routinely apply noses to hives or who can accurately  describe
the scent of alarm pheromone in danger of becoming sensitised.

The chap was selling, inter alia, a cream containing venom which apparently
is good for arthritis. I applied a little to the palm of a hand and a few
minutes noticed a warm tingling and some reddening. It might work.

Chris