From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 15:55:04 EDT
We sampled Russian stock last spring BEFORE we had the capability of
distinguishing N. ceranae from N. apis.

We're always on the hunt for beeyards and stocks that DO NOT have N.  ceranae
or CCD.  Unfortunately, that latter criteria is a tough one,  since no one,
including ourselves, know what CCD is.

Keep in mind, we missed N. ceranae in our own bees last year  because we
weren't taking the samples that we needed to see it.  Lesson  learned, N. ceranae
may be in sub-populations of bees.

As I've said before, if you see dead/dying bees - look at them.  If  you've
only one sample to take, make it old bees.  If you can, take young  bees for
comparison.  But check those dead/dying bees - may NOT BE  pesticides.

Jerry

favorites at AOL Food.