From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:46:30 -0500
Jim said:
  The actual evidence found to date from
> sample analysis shows exactly the opposite, that pesticides have
> nothing at all to do with CCD.

Quote from the EPA distribution of Pesticide Program updates ( Speedy Bee
July 2008)

"Based on discussions with the German authorities ,the EPA believes this
incident ( neonicotinoids Germany incident) is not related to CCD. ALTHOUGH
PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IS ONE OF FOUR THEORETICAL FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH CCD
THAT THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE IS RESEARCHING'

What part of the above do you have trouble understanding ?

Jim said:
> And high losses have continued in France even after the ban of the
> pesticide, illustrating neatly that the original accusations were
> misplaced.

I have a list of France beekeepers which say the opposite.

>> Professor Joe Cummins had warned specifically against this class
>> of new pesticides (Requiem for the Honeybee)...

If you can not silence the opposition then attack their c3reditability .
Very old tactic.

One has to wonder how many bee kills in the U.S. have been exactly like the
Germany cases? Jim says that it was because of not applying a polymer seed
coating known as a "sticker". I agree in the Germany case.

News flash to Jim so maybe he will understand why U.S. beekeepers are upset
with our EPA.

quote from the above EPA memo:
"Although the formulation used in the U.S. also does not require a "sticker"
on corn seed , it is typical practice to use "stickers on corn seed in the
U.S."

DOES NOT REQUIRE A STICKER!

So far I have not found a single farmer which is using pesticide treated
corn seed with a polymer seed coating. Still trying! ACTUALLY THE FARMERS
SAY THEY WERE NEVER OFFERED OR TOLD THEY NEEDED A STICKER.

Hello EPA if reading this post. Lets require a sticker on ALL pesticide
treated corn seed!

You have to be pretty naive to believe the neonicotinoids are not killing
bees in the U.S. in certain areas!

bob