HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Caryn M. Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 22:43:48 -0700
The dirt is always truthful (Edward F. “Ned” Heite)

New From Left Coast Press, Inc. A 15% discount on web orders to the U.S. at
www.LCoastPress.com.

Archaeologist's Book of Quotations

K. Kris Hirst

January 2010, 136 pages, $39.95 Paper

"I became an archaeologist because I wanted to drive around in a big
Landrover, smoking, cursing, and finding treasure.”

- Carmel Shrire (1996)

"The problem in archaeology is when to stop laughing"

- Glyn Daniel (1961)

In her quest to make archaeology available to the public, Kris Hirst has put
together a collection of over 250 pithy quotes from archaeologists and
others about the science of archaeology or the mysteries of history and the
past. The quotations are categorized into subject areas with full citations
and context and include sections on fieldwork, the uses of archaeology,
ethics, ownership of the past, lessons of archaeology, and many other
topics. Hirst’s book is a great resource for students, academics and others
browsing for suitable quotes for use in classroom presentations, student
papers, and research articles. This book is also just plain fun…

To order, visit our website at

http://lcoastpress.com/book.php?id=274

ISBN:  978-1-59874-434-7 (p)

PRICE:

$24.95 (U.S.), $47.95 (Canadian), £20.99 (Paper)

Join Left Coast Press online at:

http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Left-Coast-Press-Inc/26366019052?ref=ts

https://twitter.com/LeftCoastPress

If you have any questions, please contact Caryn Berg at