HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:25:31 -0400
I agree with Nancy,

The probate records listing estate sales for St. Mary's County, Maryland are
very detailed well into the 19th century and they list the persons
purchasing the item, the price paid.  Sometimes purchases by
African-Americans do not list there name.  Lynne Herman, John O. Sands and
Daniel Schecter used the probate records from St. Mary's County to study
ceramic consumption patterns, but not the second hand purchases of them.
There study "Ceramics in St. Mary's County, Maryland during the 1840's: A
Socioeconomic Study" was published in Volume 8 of the Conference on Historic
Site Archaeology Papers 1973:52-93.

Peace,
George L. Miller