HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:33:40 -0400
Also, we're looking at "modern" in the sense of the historical rubric
of the early modern/modern world, not so much the contested notion of
modernity or the here and now.  But even so, modernity may be seen to
have gotten started long before Europeans stumbled stinking and
ship-worn onto the shores of the Americas.

MCB, former CHAT steering committee member

Mary C. Beaudry, PhD, RPA, FSA
Professor of Archaeology & Anthropology
Department of Archaeology
Boston University
675 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215-1406
tel. 617-358-1650

people.bu.edu/beaudry/Mary_Beaudrys_Research/Welcome.html