HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:25:38 EST
Paul,

Although the buiding collapsed and archives materials fell under the  rubble,
why would it be destroyed?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 3/5/2009 12:09:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The  archive office in Kon (Cologne) has collapsed killing at least two
persons  and much of German's greatest urban archive (undamaged during
WW2) may  have been lost- makes the case for digitisation. I was going to
vist the  city this weekend but had to cancel holiday due to sick cat.
Masive new  stoneware catalogue of Cologne and Frechen stoneware has also
been  published by the city museum service while I remmber- can send
details if  anyone  wants.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,611311,00.html

paul  courtney
Leicester