HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:31:52 -0600
Hi Anna,
According to Jim Graves and the International Brick Collectors
Association database, DENIES probably refers to John A. Denies (maybe
also Dennie) who was a brickmaker in Memphis, TN, between 1925 and
1964.  The parenthetical reference in the database makes me think that
John was the second generation maker, so his parents may also have
used that brand.  I'd check your local business directories.

Cheers,
Tim Scarlett