HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:29:28 EST
I do not know if I ever told this tale to HISTARCH, but back in the 1950s a
friend and I collected .30-06 bullet shells from U.S. Army, Camp Callan and
hauled them out to a vacant field in Point Loma, San Diego, California. We
crimped the opening of the shells over a tad, filled the shell with black
powder, screwed on a glow plug, connected copper wires, buried the shell in a  "fox
hole" then ran 100-feet of wire to my friend's backyard and hooked it up to
his Lionel Train transformer. Once safely inside his garage, we experimented
with electricity and blew up half the vacant lot. I figure that pastime is just
 as safe as Bob Skiles pounding live bullets with a hunting knife.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 2/11/2009 4:01:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,