HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:44:51 -0600
A story:
When I was in the Air wing of the Marines there was an ordanance man,
Sgt by rank, that liked to remove the powder from the huge shot gun
shells we used in practice bombs. One day he took six shells and
piled the powder in a pile on the tarmack. With head over the powder
he dropped a lit cigarette on the pile.  the SA lost his eye brows,
eye lashes, mustache and the front of his hair and acquired a
terrible sun tan and his three strips. AND you can't believe chickens
wouldn't eat small bullets. We raised chickens for a living during
the depression and believe me chickens will eat everything including
each other. Never heard of one going off though!!! Would certainly
cause a BAD CASE OF INDIGESTION and HEART BURN.