From:
Milan Gowin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 16:57:39 -0700
I think that this is an easy problem to solve or at least control.
This past weekend the management of our symphony decided to hand out
complimentary cough candies to all patrons attending the concert.  Whether
it helped to soothe the throats of those that needed it may not ever be
fully known, but at least the people did get the message.  It was, as a
result, one of the most quiet evenings at the symphony in a long time,
regardless of the season.  Now, I must say, if they did that for every
concert, the problem would be resolved without having to resort to the
child like tantrums of someone like Kurt Masur.

Milan Gowin
Dept. of Mathematics, University of Alberta
http://www.ualberta.ca/~mgowin/