Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:47:50 -0400
7bit
From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
> Bill writes:
>> The battle is not being won by the bacteria. There have been new
>> developments that could short circuit bacteria's ability to
>> develop resistance.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-07/ru-nab070208.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-04/uoia-usd043008.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-04/jhu-stz040808.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-04/acs-abm031108.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-03/uow-rcp031208.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-02/miot-bf022608.php

I could go on with many other links. The current state of science in
this area is just as Peter posted, but neither life nor science is
static. Even the post is hopeful since most superbugs are fairly
isolated and not common. We are not all dropping like flies from
resistant bacteria.

In any war, there is the ebb and flow of battle. At any one time
during the war one side is ahead, but it is the end that actually
determines the winner.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine