Condense Mail Headers

From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 07:33:56 -0400
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Then, I'd say your hives are at an excellent build-up
> point.  My strongest hives are in 3 deeps and starting to
> deposit nectar in the first medium (end of April,
> south-eastern NY state).

This site (which is a bit slow to load) will give an idea of the bloom in
that area this season.
http://www.desertmuseum.org/programs/flw_blooming.html

According to information on site here,  with spring growth starting
sometime in mid January, and abundant blooms by mid March.  It is perhaps,
with good management, within the realm of expected performance, with the
aforementioned most credited for this.

I came through winter with some weak colonies and some strong colonies.
My strong colonies worked up so fast this season, that I went about and
supered them up one week into the dandelion bloom, and checked back last
weekend to find some dandelion  nectar being surplus-ed.

My goal is to get the colonies into the locust bloom at full production.
I don’t what to hold them back, split or do anything to risk black locust
production.

Question for those that may know.
Should I pull the frames and save the dandelion, when capped for
consumption? I hear it is bitter, but not sure if I should simply feed it
back or not.

I have black cherry just coming on now also.
If the colonies are collecting surplus of dandelion, they will be strong
enough to get the black cherry also. I understand that black cherry is
also bitter honey. should I feed it back or keep it?

Strangely enough, my customers do not want the tulip honey which overlaps
the locust bloom here somewhat. Perhaps, if I do not find a market for the
Tulip honey, will save it for winter feed back, maybe trading off the
frames in the fall for the more finicky golden rod.

Joe
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles
FeralBeeProject.com