ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cindy Kong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:07:26 -0700

I've been following the recent discussion about the hotel options for the upcoming Annual Conference, and wanted to weigh in with a few quick comments:

First, I'm pleased to read that a number of you are already making your plans for Fort Worth - we are looking forward to seeing you there!

Second, because of the challenging economic times in which we all find ourselves - and because of specific requests from ASTC members - we wanted to include a significantly more economical option among the official conference hotels being offered in Fort Worth this year.  Like you, I've read the online reviews of our hotels; the Park Central will allow conference attendees a comfortable night's stay in a great location - it's directly across from the Convention Center for the Annual Conference.  Whether or not you choose this modestly priced hotel or one of the three others, we encourage you to take advantage of the reasonable rates we've negotiated with the official conference hotels.  As a reminder, details can be found here:

http://www.astc.org/conference/hotels.htm

Finally, as an added incentive to book, we're promoting a contest: one individual will be selected from a random drawing to receive a free night's stay (which is non-transferable) at an ASTC conference hotel during this year's conference.  To be eligible, you'll have to stay at one of the ASTC conference hotels a minimum of three nights.  If selected, you'll be notified by an ASTC conference staff member.  Good luck, and see you in Fort Worth!

Cindy Y. Kong, CMP
Director of Meetings and Conferences
Association of Science-Technology Centers
1025 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005-6310
202/783/7200 x120  Fax: 202/783-7207
www.astc.org<http://www.astc.org>