From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:16:01 -0400
Greetings all again
thanks Jim
in fact the bag did state  100% cane sugar
the word white is not on the bag
it's packed by Sweet Source here in Ontario
what's on the package is Natural fine granulated
I called the phone # on the package and spoke with customer service and
advised them of my findings and that bees in the fall should not be fed
with syrup with any molasses in it
they told me that at the beginning and the end of a refining process
the molasses is still somewhat in the sugar so I guess they buy this
stuff really cheap and sell it really cheap

In the meantime I had contacted our chief apiarist who advised not to
feed the syrup for wintering bees and save it for spring since it's
hard on them. I found brand named sugar for 20 cents a bag cheaper than
walmart elsewhere and made a new batch
So if there are any beeks from Canada reading this that's the advise up
here straight from the top. So buyer beware
Walter

Play free online games at http://www.gamevault.ca. Word, arcade, puzzle
and more. Play now!