From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:25:47 -0400
I found?Amdam's work on pollen hoarding strains of bees and their foraging activities, development,?etc.?in the most recent ABJ of interest.?The selection toward the nectar gathering lines of bees may be contributing to the differences we are seeing now vs 30-40 years ago when there were still plenty of wild bees to contribute pollen hoarding genetics into mix.? I note my feral bees?now produce honey that is quite different than that produced by my commercial bees in past years.? Some of them tend to pack pollen up into the honey supers as well.