From:
Mike Southern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:51:58 -0400
On 6/5/08 6:23 AM, Aaron Morris at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Aaron Morris - thinking DO NOT CROSS STREETS, YOU'LL BE KILLED BY CARS!

Somewhat of a self-defeating analogy.

Compare with DO NOT ROLL OVER IN BED, YOU'LL SUFFOCATE.

Much better. There is a safety in bed that we can greatly rely on, in which we will stay alive unless some act of foolishness or negligence takes place outside of normal use.

Streets and cars OTOH, represent an inherently dangerous place in which *unless* we take care each and every time, we are more than likely to get injured. There is nothing safe about that environment and despite the pedestrian's so-called right of way, we should take nothing for granted.

Also comparing the car hit stat with ibu/sting stat is as silly as the donkey/airplane stat.

Ibuprofen causes liver damage in any kind of dose. The diffeence between small does/large dose is the livers ability to deal with and repair the damage. When bee sting venom is also compromising the liver/immune system, the potential for further compromise is exponentially increased if ibuprofen is taken. That is measurable; it is not whether damage is caused but how great is the hosts ability to repair itself.