Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:32:07 +0200
7bit
From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Peter wrote:
The problem is not the window but staying a head of the curve. Anyway, I was
just making a standard disclaimer: I am concerned primarily with the mite
problem in the north. We have the fast spring buildup, the rapid expansion
of the colony size, and the main honey flows occur in summer and fall. For
many of the beekeepers in this area this produces a very large population of
mites at a time when the supers are on.

Peter I will have a more numerical answers after this winter is past. But as
I have the same problem in Chile, a long season with super on for a late
summer almost autum honey flow, i give it a try this season by supplying
proteins in the middle of the honey flow, in this way putting the bees
multiplication ahead of varroa multiplication with a formic treatment.

It seems to work ok. The logic is pristine. Give excess protein when the
queen/colony is in full reproduction  mode, use the "inertia" in your favor.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.