From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 12:17:18 -0500
> Now about what Mussen has "clearly" said, he does CLEARLY say in his
> newsletter: "that worker
> honey bees infected with Nosema ceranae apparently will not take feed,
> either syrup or patty.
> Thus, the bees have to have the medicated syrup applied onto their bodies
> to force them to clean
> themselves off and take their medicine."

I find it interesting that when I said the above 3 months ago the list cried
foul! At least now the list has caught up with those on the front lines. The
above has been standard practice in commercial operations for months.

Lately I tire of trying to bring industry news first on BEE-L. I also will
say that even the recommendations of Eric Mussen will not cure severe cases
of nosema ceranae. However some commercial beeks have found the right
combination.

bob

--
believed to be clean.