From:
Ian Steppler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:42:13 -0500
Hello all,

I am hearing RUMOURS here and there that there is trouble again with bees
being shipped down to California.
I am told that there will/or is a shortage of bees by at least 150k,
reports of beekeepers loading up great looking hives from northern yards
to find hives dwindling in the holding yards.  Contracts need to be
filled, and beekeepers having trouble building hive strength to specs.

I do believe the bloom should be on now, what is actually happening down
there?  Is there any truth to the RUMOURs I am hearing?

Thanks for your comments.

Ian Steppler
Canadian Beekeeper - who is really getting tierd of our long cold winter!