From:
Dan Dickstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:12:55 -0500
I have read on numerous occasions that Bernstein was the proud inheritor
of Koussevitsky's copy of the score for Le Sacre.  I have also read that
this version had been rather severely reedited and renotated by Nicholas
Slonimsky because Koussevitsky couldn't make head or tail of the original.

Assuming the Slonimsky story is true, was this the same score Bernstein
used in making the recording Stravinsky was so pleased with?

Dan Dickstein <[log in to unmask]>