From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 00:33:16 -0400
>Dr. Eric Mussen is a very smart guy, and a great resource to beekeepers.

Yes, he is. I’ve spoken with him at conferences a few times myself. And I seriously doubt that Eric
Mussen would  take anyone’s head off, as it were, by telling them “in no uncertain terms what his
opinion is of people who get ‘creative’ with medications”.

Now about what Mussen has “clearly” said, he does CLEARLY say in his newsletter: “that worker
honey bees infected with Nosema ceranae apparently will not take feed, either syrup or patty.
Thus, the bees have to have the medicated syrup applied onto their bodies to force them to clean
themselves off and take their medicine.”

We’ve also seen what the label also CLEARLY says from two other posters, besides yours truly, on
this subject .

>I hope that this clarifies the issue.
Yes, me too, Randy. And btw keep up the good work you’re doing!

Regards,
Dick Allen