From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:35:33 -0800
A large Calif/Dakota beekeeper gave a presentation last November.  To
move from Calif to North Dakota and back, pay his crew, feed and
medicate, etc until colonies were back in Idaho for wintering, cost
him $71 per colony.  His income from honey was $72 per colony.  You do
the math.

  He took 10,000 colonies to N.D., and brought only 8,000 live back to
Idaho.  I talked to him two weeks ago as he was beginning to move to
Calif, but don't know what his winter losses were.  This is a
top-knotch beekeeper with one of the cleanest operations I've seen.

Randy Oliver