Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:54:07 -0500
7bit
From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
50 hives of a specially selected high- and low-pollen-hoarding genetic
stock spanning 32 generations, will relocate to Davis and "will pave
the way for future genetic research here," announced Walter Leal,
professor and chair of the Department of Entomology.

"Harry Laidlaw would be very proud to know that the Honey Bee Research
Facility will soon be operating at full capacity," Leal added, "with
world-class research on native and European honeybees."

"This stock is the most studied, most valued honeybee research stock
ever," said internationally known honeybee geneticist Robert E. Page,
who was formerly with UC Davis and is now at Arizona State University.
The bees are expected to be right at home here in Davis: "The hot
summers in Arizona are hard on the bees," Page said.

"All the colonies have queens that were instrumentally inseminated,
and come from completely controlled matings traced back to their
origins at UC Davis," Page added. "We know they've never been
contaminated by any Africanized bees, for example."

--
Peter L. Borst
Danby, NY  USA

"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's
hell." - Harry S. Truman.