From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 06:58:12 -0400
Bob Darrell wrote:

> Maybe the wet climate is one of the reasons
> that manuka honey has the reputation it has because the bees take a long
> time to dry it.  Would honey from the prairies which I understand can be
> extracted before it is capped in that dry climate have fewer enzymes as
> a result?

Could be but there are so many variables involved that it would be difficult to pin down the reason for the
variability in enzyme levels in honey. Early capping is only one.

Manuka honey is also touted for other anti-bacterial compounds found in the honey, and I have no idea if they
are enzyme related or occur naturally in the nectar.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine