Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:59:13 EST
In a message dated 02/02/2008 11:11:49 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> have just posted preliminary results of my trial of HoneySuperCell small
> cell combs to my website.  Look for it under "Varroa Management"  at
> www.scientificbeekeeping.com.
>
> Of interest to me is that apparent lower mite level in the treatment group
> is contrary to data by others who have tested beeswax small cell foundation.
> So I don't know if the apparent effect is due to the small cell size, or to
> some other factor of the plastic combs.

Randy,
I always got lower mite  counts and those doing what I was doing also always
got smaller mite counts. It's when they cannot seperate the normal yearly
transfers of mites from drone cells to worker cells and then count and get higher
levels that I think they are missing the boat..............Also some don't do
proper ratios of number of cells per sq decimeter and then compare to size,
while knowing that mites fan out first to 1 per cell and then go higher in each
individual cell., so they do ether rolls or other etc and take a general count
without looking at tech what they are counting and time of year.

D-

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp0030000000
2548)