ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 16:19:42 -0400

I think that the subject of changes in technology over some period of
decades is more interesting for the people who remember the "good old
days."  I am 52, so asking a 10 year old to think about the paucity of
computing power in the apollo capsules is roughly analogous to
inviting me to explore the world of non-electric iceboxes or trolley
cars.  Its like now, but worse! (yes I know the advantages of trolley
cars and lower energy consumption...)

As far as vinyl is concerned, don't even go there.  From my experience
about 1/3 of the traffic on the internet historically has been
generated by two topics:  1) Vinyl vs Digital; 2) Mac vs PC.

Eric Siegel
Director and Chief Content Officer
New York Hall of Science
47-01 111th Street