HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Greer, Brian K CTR US USA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:40:50 -0400
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

I seem to recall Deetz referring to a similar scenario from about that same time period...possibly related to a 'end of the century cast off of material goods' as the end of the world was approaching...something akin to the Y2K craze.  If I remember correctly...he mentioned this during his evening talk at SEAC in Little Rock, Arkansas back in the early 1990s.

Brian K. Greer
M.A., Archaeologist
Program Manager
Tennessee Valley Authority for
Cultural Resources Management (CRM)
Prevention & Compliance Branch, DPW
Ft. Stewart, GA
912-767-0992
Fx: 912-767-9779
Opinions expressed herein are neither the United States Government nor that of my Contractor
"ROCK" Resources Optimize Compliance Keep improving