HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:42:55 -0400
Hi Kevin,

I know this is a very late reply; my apologies. But please find below a
list of 1860s coffin hardware catalogs available in publicly-accessible
collections.

Regards,
Megan Springate

c. 1855-1864	W. M. Raymond & Co., New York, New York. Fisk's Patent
Metallic Burial Cases… New York Historical Society, New York, New York.

1858	Crane, Breed & Co., Cincinnati, Ohio. Fisk's and Crane's Patent
Metallic Burial Cases and Caskets… Cincinnati Historical Society Library,
Cincinnati, Ohio.

1859	P & F Corbin, New Britain, Connecticut. P. & F. Corbin’s Illustrated
Catalogue and Price List. Hugh M. Morris Library, University of Delaware,
Newark, Delaware.

1865	Crane, Breed & Company, Cincinnati, Ohio. Crane, Breed & Co.,
Manufacturers of Patent Metallic Burial Cases and Hearses. Hagley Museum &
Library, Wilmington, Delaware.

1865	Markham & Strong, East Hampton, Connecticut. Revised Price List with
Illustrations. Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford, Connecticut.

1865	Russell & Erwin Manufacturing Company, New Britain, Connecticut.
Illustrated Catalog of American Hardware of the Russell and Erwin
Manufacturing Company. Reprinted 1980 by the Association for Preservation
Technology, Ottawa, Canada.

1866	P & F Corbin, New Britain, Connecticut. Price List, Manufacturers of
Wrought Cast Brass and cast iron butt hinges, coffin trimmings, and other
varieties… Hugh M. Morris Library, University of Delaware, Newark,
Delaware.

1866	Russell & Erwin Manufacturing Company, New Britain, Connecticut.
Russell & Erwin Manufacturing Company's Catalogue and Price List of
American Hardware. Hugh M. Morris Library, University of Delaware, Newark,
Delaware; Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.

1867	Crane, Breed & Co., Cincinnati, Ohio. Wholesale Price List of Patent
Metallic Burial Case and Caskets… Microfiche 621. 1984 facsimile edition
(microfiche). In Trade Catalogues at Winterthur, Compiled by E. Richard
McKinstry, Item 621. Clearwater Publishing Co., New York

1867	J.H. Lewis & Co., Cincinnati, Ohio. Wholesale Manufacturers of
Coffins and Caskets… American Antiquarian Society, Worcester,
Massachusetts. Also available digitally through the "American Broadsides
and Ephemera Series I, 1760-1900" collection by Readex.

1869	Sargent & Co., New Britain, Connecticut. Illustrated Catalogue and
Price List of Hardware and Mechanics' Tools Manufactured and Sold. Benson
Ford Research Center, The Henry Ford, Dearborn, Michigan.