HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:14:47 +0000
Bob- Still being cooked at home but I rarely eat British and most our
our Indian population in Leicester ((c. 100, 000) are vegetarian so
don't eat in the ubiquitous Bangladeshi restaurants- home of the
Tandoori and Balti. May I recommend the varied works of Peter Brears on
British food history, kitchens, experimental cooking and ceramics. He
was an early and probably founder member of SPMA and still researching
and writing. About time someone gave him an honorary doctorate.

paul