HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elizabeth Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2009 08:30:10 -0700
At the Hacienda San Miguel Acocotla in Puebla, Mexico, we excavated 19th century contexts and didn't find a single pipe fragment among our 87,142 artifacts!  But perhaps this dates to later than the period that interests you?  Still, if you would like to see what our artifact assemblage looked like, email me at off list at the address below, and I'll send along a PDF copy of our informe in Spanish, or something in English if you would prefer.

Best,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Terese Newman, PhD
Lecturer, Anthropology
State University of New York
Stony Brook Southampton
252 Chancellor's Hall, 239 Montauk Highway
Southampton, NY 11968
(631) 632-5109